- Go to https://www.uplinklabs.net/projects/arch-linux-on-ec2/
- Start a new EC2 instance by clicking on the "ebs hvm x86_64 lts"-link for your prefered region.
- Choose p2.xlarge as instance type (all other p2 and p3 will work the same)
- Configure the stuff you need (allow ssh, storage, ...)
- Launch instance (save the pem-certificate!)
- Get the IP address from the ec2 instances view
- Connect to server
Yay! We have a shell on archlinux.
- First you may have to repopulate the archlinux-keyring
- Next update the already installed packages
- Install a few packages (we need nvidia-dkms and not nvidia because the kernel is a custom one and not default archlinux)
- Reboot server to load new kernel with nvidia module
- After the reboot, connect to server again
- Test if nvidia module is loaded
- Add virtualenvwrapper to your shell
- And create a virtualenv
- Install allennlp
- And test if PyTorch/AllenNLP finds the gpu
- (Optional) run the AllenNLP testsuite
Now you can use AllenNLP with GPU on AWS!